About The Retina
Retina Consultants of Houston’s sub-specialized team of board-certified physicians diagnoses and treats a full range of diseases and conditions that affect the eye’s retina and vitreous.
- The retina is the inner lining of the eye and works like the film in a camera. Light enters the eye and is focused onto the retina, the light-sensing part of the eye. This information is transmitted though the optic nerve to the brain where it is interpreted as the images you see.
- The macula is the part of the retina responsible for your central vision.
- The retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) is a layer of cells that support the overlying photoreceptors, the cells that actually sense the light that enters your eye.
- Underneath the RPE is the choroid, a major blood supply that brings nutrients and oxygen to your retina.
- The vitreous is a a clear, jelly-like substance that fills the middle of the eye between the lens and the retina.
"Mine was, more or less, an urgent situation, so I was very lucky to be able to see her. She had a staff who did the photos/preliminary exams and they were excellent. When I saw her, she had all the results. The news was good and she gave me all the info I needed. To me, time spent was not relevant, as she gave me all the time I needed to ask questions. Since the news was good, I had very few questions."- F.A. / Healthgrades / Oct 06, 2018
"Five Stars - My husband and I have been Dr Kim’s patient for over 17 years. She is a compassionate, knowledgeable, detailed oriented doctor with excellent bedside manner. She had saved my husband’s vision from macular degeneration. We all love her and will be her faithful patients forever."- Anonymous / Vitals / Jul 19, 2018
"For the last three years I've been treated by the Retina Consultants of Houston at the Sugar Land location and have been extremely satisfied with the very professional, courteous staff and Dr. Chen. When at the office in the waiting rooms I've spoken with numerous other patients who have all had the same comments of satisfaction. My observations have always been that the staff and doctors work hard to keep patients waiting time at a minimum, while maintaining the excellent quality of care. I would not go any where else."- S.R. / Google / Jun 22, 2018
"Dr. Brown is an excellent surgeon. If you want the best, you have to make a sacrifice. I have been a patient of Dr. Brown, for decades, and I would recommend him to anyone. I would be completely blind if not for Dr. Brown, and God, the Most Holy of Holy."- M.S. / Healthgrades / May 16, 2018
"My left retina had tear in it and I had no clue of what was happening, but was referred to the Retina Consultants of Houston and was blessed with meeting Dr. Wykoff. He repaired my eye while explaining everything in detail and helping me to feel comfortable. Less than a year later my right eye did the same thing but a little worse. Nowadays, I will only let Dr. Wykoff work on me. I am seeing great today and at 58 have zero floaters, etc. This Doctor is the best."- C.P. / Google / Mar 16, 2018