About The Retina
Retina Consultants of Houston’s sub-specialized team of board-certified physicians diagnoses and treats a full range of diseases and conditions that affect the eye’s retina and vitreous.
- The retina is the inner lining of the eye and works like the film in a camera. Light enters the eye and is focused onto the retina, the light-sensing part of the eye. This information is transmitted though the optic nerve to the brain where it is interpreted as the images you see.
- The macula is the part of the retina responsible for your central vision.
- The retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) is a layer of cells that support the overlying photoreceptors, the cells that actually sense the light that enters your eye.
- Underneath the RPE is the choroid, a major blood supply that brings nutrients and oxygen to your retina.
- The vitreous is a a clear, jelly-like substance that fills the middle of the eye between the lens and the retina.
"Mine was, more or less, an urgent situation, so I was very lucky to be able to see her. She had a staff who did the photos/preliminary exams and they were excellent. When I saw her, she had all the results. The news was good and she gave me all the info I needed. To me, time spent was not relevant, as she gave me all the time I needed to ask questions. Since the news was good, I had very few questions."- F.A. / Healthgrades / Oct 06, 2018
"Dr Wykoff is an excellent retina doc. He is kind, caring and gentle and a great doc."- Anonymous / Healthgrades / Dec 13, 2018
"Really like Dr. Chen. Nice office with efficient staff and good equipment."- B.Y. / Google / Dec 12, 2018
"I have been seeing Dr. Fish for years. This place is always organized and very professional. Dr. Fish and everyone there is great. Can’t imagine a better experience at a Dr’s office."- C.M. / Google / Dec 07, 2018
"Retina Consultants is an outstanding organization. The staff is friendly and very helpful. My doctor, David Brown. M.D. is an outstanding doctor who treats me with care and diligence. I have been under his care for over 5 years and he has provided care that has kept me from losing all my sight. Betty Haines"- J.H. / Yelp / Dec 07, 2018