We are participating providers for Medicare, Medicaid, and most managed care plans. Many insurance companies and HMO’s require that you obtain written authorization from your primary care physician before any office visit, diagnostic procedure, or intervention. Please check with your insurance provider or contact our office for assistance with these issues before your appointment.
Although the treatment of retinal diseases may involve significant technology and complicated services, we attempt to minimize the cost in several ways:
- We perform our surgery on an outpatient basis, thus reducing the length of the hospital stay. By doing special testing, lasers, and minor surgical procedures in our office, we are able to eliminate “facility fees.”
- We have our own quality-assessment programs which monitor the effectiveness and results of our surgical and laser procedures.
- We are constantly updating and reviewing our techniques to ensure the best possible, most cost-effective surgical and medical outcomes.
We accept patients who do not have insurance and are "self-pay". Each treatment plan is unique, patients who are self-pay can inquire about pricing by contacting our office.
Retina Consultants of Houston participates in the following insurance plans. For a specific listing of each individual physician participating list, please contact our office.
- Aetna (most commercial plans)
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Boon – Chapman
- Care Improvement Plus
- Community Health Choice
- Coventry Healthcare Medicare Advantra
- Employers Hlth Net
- Evolutions Hlth
- First Health
- Galaxy Health
- Great West
- HMO Blue
- Humana Humana Gold Plus HMO
- Independent Medical Systems (IMS)
- Kelsey Seybold IPA
- KelseyCare – MCR ADV
- Medcorp SW
- Medicaid – Traditional
- Medicus International
- Memorial Hermann Healthnet Panel
- Methodist International
- Mhealth through Memorial Hermann Healthnet Panel
- National Provider Network
- Plan Vista
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Provider Select
- St. Luke’s International
- Texas Children’s Health Plans
- Three Rivers
- Texas True Choice
- United Healthcare
- USFHP – Uniformed Services Family Health Plan (CHRISTUS)